It is a monumental moment in Kenya’s banking history, given the many developments that have been made. While not all of the goals were met, the ease of transaction is phenomenal. The transfer of money from bank to bank, brought about by technological advancements, has changed considerably. Kenya Commercial Bank is one of Kenya’s largest banks and a leader in technology implementation. So if you are wondering how to transfer money from KCB to Equity Bank, another famous bank in the country, don’t worry; the process is relatively easy.
One of the most significant events of the 21st century is the overhaul of the banking sector. Today, all banks have creative technologies that help them deliver faster and more efficient services. And the most important, so far, is the simple transfer of money from bank to bank.
Bank transfer in Kenya has become transparent recently, and KCB has made it even easier for customers with its various platforms. As a result, you no longer have to endure long queues.
How long does it take to clear RTGS in Kenya: what you need to know
How to transfer money from KCB to Equity Bank
The most interesting thing about bank transfers these days is that you can do the transaction using different platforms. Although the KCB app is the most preferred and the most transparent, the USSD code platform is the most accessible. You can use the following procedures to transfer money from a KCB account to Equity.
The Pesalink Getaway allows KCB customers to send and receive money instantly, anywhere in Kenya. Customers can immediately transfer money from KCB to Equity Bank from Ksh 10 up to Ksh 250,000 per day. However, you must register to use the platform.
The registration process is straightforward and you can do it easily using the bank’s USSD code.
- Open your phone dialer and dial * 522 # to open your mobile banking platform. Once opened, enter your PIN code to go to the next step.
- Choose cash transfers from the available options.
- Click on Pesalink and proceed to register for the service.
- Enter all the information required to link your KCB account to your mobile banking registration number.
- You will receive an SMS from Pesalink confirming successful registration.
Gulf African Bank mobile bank: Everything you need to know about GABPesa
After a successful registration on Pesalink (linked to your bank account), you can access the services from different platforms, including:
- Agents of the Commercial Bank of Kenya throughout the country.
- KCB Mobile banking via the app or USSD code * 522 #.
- KCB Internet Bank.
- KCB ATMs
- All KCB branches nationwide.
How to send money to Equity Bank with Pesalink
Everything is easy once you have created you linked Pesalink to your KCB bank account. And you can do Equity bank transfer from your KCB account using USSD code or the official KCB app.
The USSD process is the most accessible, since you don’t need a smartphone to initiate the process.
- Dial * 522 # on your phone’s dialer to access the mobile banking platform.
- Choose cash transfers from the available options.
- Click on Pesalink.
- Choose to pay a person.
- You will get different payment options on a phone, account or card. Choose the desired option to transfer your money from KCB to Equity Bank.
- Choose the Kenya Commercial Bank to transfer the money from.
- The next step will provide you with a list of banks available as a bundle. Choose the lot in which Equity bank falls based on the first letter.
- Once the lot has been opened, choose Equity bank as the bank receiving the money.
- On the next screen, enter the beneficiary’s account number.
- Once you’ve entered the account number, write down the amount you plan to send to the recipient.
- Click submit to complete the transaction.
- You will receive a prompt giving more details about the transaction (i.e. the reason for payment).
- Enter the valid reason for the Equity bank transfer from your KCB account and confirm the payment.
How to transfer money from M-Pesa to a Standard Chartered Bank account
Once the transaction is completed, you will immediately receive 2 SMS, one from KCB account and another from Pesalink, confirming the successful completion of the transaction. You will also receive a notification if the transaction was not successful.
Via the KCB app
The KCB app is the most user-friendly platform to send money to Equity Bank. In addition, the platform has been structured to facilitate customer access to the bank’s services.
- Open the KCB app from your phone’s app drawer.
- Go straight to money transfers.
- Choose the option of sending to another bank or mobile.
- Search for Equity bank and select it from the prompt that follows.
- Enter the beneficiary’s Equity bank account number, name and amount. When complete, press Submit to complete the transaction.
- Enter your mobile PIN code and click confirm to send the money to the Equity bank account.
Similar to the USSD code process, you will receive two SMS notifications. One will come from KCB and the other from Pesalink, confirming the success of the transaction.
How to cancel a PesaPal transaction
Wondering about the transfer fees from Equity to KCB? Transferring money from your KCB account to Equity via Pesalink will cost you different amounts depending on the amount sent.
How long do bank-to-bank transfers take?
The Pesalink bank transfer in Kenya reflects when the transaction is successful. Other routes may take longer, mainly when transferring abroad. However, local bank transfers primarily reflect when the money is transferred from your account. There are also different technologies like RTGS that happen instantly.
The easiest way to transfer money from KCB to Equity Bank is through Pesalink. Once you’ve signed up for the service and linked your KCB bank account, you can start enjoying seamless transfers from the comfort of your home.
Are you trying to figure out how to withdraw money from KCB to M-Pesa through the bank app and USSD code? Tuko.co.ke featured an interesting article highlighting all the steps you need to take for a successful withdrawal.
KCB Pepea MasterCard: Simple tips to load this MasterCard
Customers must first have activated their KCB mobile banking to access these services. And the processes are also straightforward. Once everything is set up, you will have funds in your M-Pesa account in no time.